Here’s a rundown of major shopping areas on the island of Maui. We focus on shopping centers, outlet malls, and other stores offering basic necessities, discounted goods, locally made products, and cultural entertainment. Our list begins in Kahului and then West Maui from Lāhainā to Kihei and Wailea.
Queen Ka’ahumanu Center in Kahului
Queen Ka’ahumanu Center (QKC) is Maui’s largest shopping center and Kahului “town square” since 1972, featuring family entertainment and more than 100 national and island-style stores (including Macy’s department store, Foodland grocery store, and Longs Drugs store), a variety of eateries and services, a children’s play area, Consolidated Theatre multi-screen movie house, and hundreds of community events annually.
- What: Queen Ka’ahumanu Center for shopping & family entertainment
- Where: Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, 275 West Ka’ahumanu Avenue, Kahului, HI 96732
- When: Open daily
- Website: Queen Ka’ahumanu Center (queenkaahumanucenter.com)
Select events at Queen Ka’ahumanu Center
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 08:00 am – 04:00 pm. Farmers Market. Find fresh, local produce, vegetables, fruits, berries, melons, bake goods, plants, fresh-cut flowers, gourmet foods including honey, and rotating food booths.
- Third Friday 6:30 pm – 08:00 pm. Kama’aina Nights. Perpetuating Hawaiian culture through live music and a celebration of ‘ohana.
Central Maui Mall Village
Nestled in the heart of Central Maui, the open-air Maui Mall Village offers a unique mix of shopping, dining, the island’s largest movie theater, family entertainment, and community events with over 30 stores, restaurants, and service establishments. Businesses include Whole Foods Market, Longs Drugs Store, Regal Megaplex, Fun Factory and much more.
- What: Maui Mall Village
- Where: Maui Mall Village, 70 East Kaʻahumanu Ave, Kahului, HI 96732
- When: Open daily
- Website: Maui Mall Village (mauimallvillage.com)
Whalers Village in Lāhainā
Fashion and accessory stores, specialty shops, and eateries. Parking is available in the multilevel garage adjacent to Whalers Village; validation with minimum purchase.
Last updated December 1, 2023. Open daily. Many stores have re-opened. Common areas are open, including splash pad and play area.
- What: Whalers Village fashion, specialty, and restaurants
- Where: Whalers Village, 2435 Kaanapali Parkway, Lāhainā, HI 96761
- Website: Whalers Village in Lāhainā (whalersvillage.com)
Select events at Whalers Village
- Free movies weekends through December 31, 2023 in the courtyard (begin 30 minutes after sunset).
- Wildlife Wednesdays through Dec 31, 2023 from 10am – 12pm. Learn About Humpacks, Honu, and more Hawaiian Wildlife.
Lāhainā Cannery Mall
The historic Lāhainā Cannery was transformed into a contemporary shopping mall and is Maui’s only fully enclosed, air-conditioned shopping center. Anchored by a Safeway grocery store and Longs Drugs, Lāhainā Cannery offers a wonderful variety of fashion stores, specialty shops, and eateries. Easily reached by car with plenty of free parking or Maui Public Transit along Highway 30. In addition to shopping and eating, Lāhainā Cannery also offers free events and entertainment in Polynesian arts and culture, including Hula Shows, Hula Lessons, ‘Ukulele Lessons, Hawaiian Crafts (lei making, coconut weaving), Art Fairs, and seasonal fun for holidays throughout the year.
September 14, 2023. Safeway and Longs Drugs have re-opened. More info: 2 key Lahaina stores reopen | Honolulu Star-Advertiser and Lahaina Cannery Mall | Maui News
- What: Lāhainā Cannery indoor shopping mall
- Where: Lāhainā Cannery Shopping Mall, 1221 Honoapi’ilani Hwy (aka H-30), Lāhainā, HI 96761. Located on the west side of Maui just off Highway 30, the mall is conveniently located near Kapalua, Kaanapali, and Lāhainā.
- Website: Lāhainā Cannery (lahainacannerymall.com)
Azeka Shopping Center in Kihei
One of the largest shopping centers in Kihei with a diverse collection of restaurants and services flanking South Kihei Road between Lipoa Street and Pi’ikea Avenue with plenty of free parking.
- What: Azeka Shopping Center
- Where: Azeka Shopping Center, 1279 & 1280 S Kihei Rd Kihei, HI 96753
- When: Store hours vary
- Website: Azeka Shopping Center (azekashoppingcenter.com)
The Shops at Wailea
Located south of Kihei on the southwestern shoreline of Maui, The Shops at Wailea provide shoppers with an eclectic mix of stores and eateries.
- What: The Shops at Wailea
- Where: The Shops at Wailea, 3750 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, HI 96753
- When: Open daily 10am – 9pm
- Website: The Shops at Wailea (theshopsatwailea.com)
Maui shopping centers closed due to wildfires
Updated December 2, 2023. The following shopping centers are closed.
Outlets of Maui
- What: Outlets of Maui designer & brand-name discount stores
- Where: Outlets of Maui, 900 Front Street, Lāhainā, HI 96761
- Website: no longer available (outletsofmaui.com)
- What: The Wharf Cinema Center, Shops & Restaurants
- Where: 658 Front Street, Lāhainā, HI 96761
- Website: no longer available (thewharfshops.com)