Here’s a rundown of major shopping areas on the island of Maui. We focus on shopping centers, outlet malls, and other stores offering basic necessities, discounted goods, locally made products, and cultural entertainment. Our list begins in Kahului and then West Maui from Lāhainā to Kihei and Wailea.
Queen Ka’ahumanu Center
Queen Ka’ahumanu Center (QKC) is Maui’s largest shopping center and Kahului “town square” since 1972, featuring family entertainment and more than 100 national and island-style stores (including Macy’s department store, Foodland grocery store, and Longs Drugs store), a variety of eateries and services, a children’s play area, Consolidated Theatre multi-screen movie house, and hundreds of community events annually.
- What: Queen Ka’ahumanu Center for shopping & family entertainment
- Where: Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, 275 West Ka’ahumanu Avenue, Kahului, HI 96732
- When: Open daily
- Website: Queen Ka’ahumanu Center (queenkaahumanucenter.com)
Selected upcoming events at Queen Ka’ahumanu Center
- Kama’aina Nights live music and a celebration of ‘ohana. Jun 17, Sep 16, Dec 16, 2022. 7 – 8PM. Committed to the promoting and perpetuating Hawaiian culture through live music and a celebration of ‘ohana with quarterly performances featuring Hawaii’s Homegrown Talent. More info: Kama’aina Nights (queenkaahumanucenter.com)
- Maui Ocean Center 3rd Saturday Keiki Club. 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Every 3rd Saturday in the QKC keiki play area, enjoy family friendly festivities while learning about the vast sea life of Hawai’i with one of MOC’s Marine Naturalists. Space is limited; reservations required. More info: KEIKI CLUB (queenkaahumanucenter.com) and Queen Ka’ahumanu Center + Maui Ocean Center – Keiki Club Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite
Maui Mall Village
Nestled in the heart of Central Maui, the open-air Maui Mall Village offers a unique mix of shopping, dining, the island’s largest movie theater, family entertainment, and community events with over 30 stores, restaurants, and service establishments. Businesses include Whole Foods Market, Longs Drugs Store, Regal Megaplex, Fun Factory and much more.
- What: Maui Mall Village
- Where: Maui Mall Village, 70 East Kaʻahumanu Ave, Kahului, HI 96732
- When: Open daily
- Website: Maui Mall Village (mauimallvillage.com)
Selected upcoming events at Maui Mall Village
- Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation (HARF) Dog Adoptions (by appointment only). 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Meet dogs and puppies of all ages, sizes, and breeds waiting for their forever home—find them between Longs and Whole Foods. More info: Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation (HARF) – Maui No-Kill Animal Rescue Center
Lāhainā Cannery Mall
The historic Lāhainā Cannery was transformed into a contemporary shopping mall and is Maui’s only fully enclosed, air-conditioned shopping center. Anchored by a Safeway grocery store and Longs Drugs, Lāhainā Cannery offers a wonderful variety of fashion stores, specialty shops, and eateries. Easily reached by car with plenty of free parking or Maui Public Transit along Highway 30. In addition to shopping and eating, Lāhainā Cannery also offers free events and entertainment in Polynesian arts and culture, including Hula Shows, Hula Lessons, ‘Ukulele Lessons, Hawaiian Crafts (lei making, coconut weaving), Art Fairs, and seasonal fun for holidays throughout the year.
- What: Lāhainā Cannery indoor shopping mall
- Where: Lāhainā Cannery Shopping Mall, 1221 Honoapi’ilani Hwy (aka H-30), Lāhainā, HI 96761. Located on the west side of Maui just off Highway 30, the mall is conveniently located near Kapalua, Kaanapali, and Lāhainā.
- When: Open daily (Thanksgiving Day: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Christmas Eve: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Christmas Day: CLOSED. New Year’s Eve: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. New Year’s Day: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm)
- Website: Lāhainā Cannery (lahainacannerymall.com)
Selected upcoming events at Lāhainā Cannery Mall
- Free weekday cultural events at Lāhainā Cannery Mall. Tuesday-Thursday from 2:30-3:30PM enjoy a different cultural activity at the Mall Center Stage. Free. All ages. All materials provided. Activities change daily, but include traditional Hawaiian cultural arts and crafts such as hula, lei making, coconut palm frond weaving, ʻukulele playing. More info: Mall Events – LAHAINA CANNERY (lahainacannerymall.com)
Fashion and accessory stores, specialty shops, and eateries. Parking is available in the multilevel garage adjacent to Whalers Village; validation with minimum purchase.
- What: Whalers Village fashion, specialty, and restaurants
- Where: Whalers Village, 2435 Kaanapali Parkway, Lāhainā, HI 96761
- When: Open daily
- Website: Whalers Village in Lāhainā (whalersvillage.com)
Selected upcoming events at Whalers Village
- Hawaiian cultural activities at Whalers Village in Lāhainā. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Enjoy Hawaiian cultural activities such as Lei Making and Hula or ʻUkulele Lessons in the ʻOhana Courtyard. Activities and hours vary. More info:
- Wildlife Wednesdays with Hawai’i Wildlife Discovery Center. 10am – 12pm. Join Maui naturalists at the ‘Ohana Courtyard and learn all about humpback whales, honu, monk seals, and other local wildlife. More info: Events | Whalers Village
Outlets of Maui
Outlets of Maui is the world’s only oceanfront outlet shopping destination, prominently located on Lāhainā’s Front Street. The shopping center features leading designer and brand names where shoppers save up to 65% off regular retail prices every day, along with unique Hawaiian brands including Hawaiian Island Creations (HIC), Hilo Hattie, and Maui Jim. Don’t miss Maui Friends of the Library store, featuring new and used books including Hawaiian History books, Hawaiian Coffee Table books, Postcards, and more—where 100% of net receipts go directly to Maui libraries or other community initiatives. For a fun diversion, head to 808 Ping Pong Table Tennis Club offering walk-in play and membership. Exhausted from shopping and ping pong? Get refreshed at award-winning Waikiki Brewing Company, featuring local craft beer and kiawe smoked authentic BBQ.
- What: Outlets of Maui designer & brand-name discount stores
- Where: Outlets of Maui, 900 Front Street, Lāhainā, HI 96761
- When: Open daily.
- Website: Outlets of Maui (outletsofmaui.com)
Upcoming events at Outlets of Maui
- More info: Outlets of Maui in Lāhainā | Events
Located across from the Banyan Tree, The Wharf is home to a variety of gift & specialty shops, restaurants, services, and Regency Theatres (regencymovies.com) movie multiplex screening first-run and classic films. Validated parking in The Wharf parking lots behind the center, accessible from Wainee or Luakini Streets. Note: The Lahaina Plantation Museum, formeryly on the upper level of The Wharf Center, will be relocated to the Old Lahaina Courthouse.
- What: The Wharf Cinema Center, Shops & Restaurants
- Where: 658 Front Street, Lāhainā, HI 96761
- When: Open daily
- Website: The Wharf (thewharfshops.com)
Azeka Shopping Center
One of the largest shopping centers in Kihei with a diverse collection of restaurants and services flanking South Kihei Road between Lipoa Street and Pi’ikea Avenue with plenty of free parking.
- What: Azeka Shopping Center
- Where: Azeka Shopping Center, 1279 & 1280 S Kihei Rd Kihei, HI 96753
- When: Store hours vary
- Website: Azeka Shopping Center (azekashoppingcenter.com)
Upcoming events at Azeka Shopping Center
- More info: Events | Azeka Shopping Center
The Shops at Wailea
Located south of Kihei on the southwestern shoreline of Maui, The Shops at Wailea provide shoppers with an eclectic mix of stores and eateries.
- What: The Shops at Wailea
- Where: The Shops at Wailea, 3750 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, HI 96753
- When: Open daily
- Website: The Shops at Wailea (theshopsatwailea.com)
Upcoming events at The Shops at Wailea
- More info: Events | The Shops at Wailea