Ala Moana Center welcomes 2023 Year of the Rabbit with a limited-edition Gift with Purchase, Chinese calligraphy demonstration, and lion dancing throughout the Center.
- January 20, 11am–1pm. Mall Level 2, Ewa Wing Stage. Meet master calligrapher, Ina Chang, and receive a complimentary, hand-lettered good luck fortune. This event is first come, first served.
- January 21, starting at 11am. Chinese Lion Dancing. Guests can enjoy the sights and sounds of more than 20 lions spreading good luck and collecting lai see (red envelopes) from various stores and restaurants throughout the center. Participating stores include Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, Chanel, Coach, Dior, Fendi, HawaiI’s Finest, Hublot, Island Slipper, Jams World, Lupicia, and SWATCH.
- January 22 from 3–3:45pm. Chinese Classic and Folk Dance Performance. East Meets West in a special performance of Chinese classical and folk dance by Hawaii Dong Fang Dance Troupe. This multidisciplinary dance troupe was founded by three professional dancers from China, and creates unique dances that combine the best aspects of Chinese art with other art forms such as hula, line dance, yoga, and taichi.
- January 20-22, 2023. Throughout the Lunar New Year weekend, guests can receive a limited-edition Year of the Rabbit 10-oz. stoneware mug with bamboo lid plus a sweet treat from Meet Fresh with $150 in Ala Moana Center receipts. Guests must redeem their receipts at Guest Services – Street Level 1, Center Court, behind Centerstage – from January 20–22.
- More info: lunar new year (alamoanacenter.com)