Grab some friends and join the fun on Thanksgiving Morning. The event is FREE and open to the public but registration is encouraged. Donate $35 or more to Maui Food Bank to get an event t-shirt and a chance to win raffle prizes. Come by Kihei Canoe Club between 7 a.m. – 10 a.m. on Thanksgiving day to drop off your food donations and pick up your t-shirt. (No t-shirt pick up is available outside this time, and delivery or shipping is not available.) Food donations can be dropped off during this time or in any Maui Food Bank collection bin around town.* Be one of the first 100 people Pre-Register and make a donation of $35 or more to the Maui Food Bank to receive a FREE event tshirt!
* Maui Food Bank is in need of canned goods ( tuna, meats, fruits, vegetables, meals, soups with protein), cereal, rice, and pasta. Drop off in any Maui Food Bank collection bin around town or you can donate $$$ online.
Maui: Paddle for hunger 2023
- Paddle the course solo or with a small group of friends via outrigger canoe, V1, surfski, paddle board, surfboard, or any floating device.
- The course runs from Kīhei Canoe Club to Kealia Pond River Mouth/Pavilion and back to Kīhei Canoe Club Pier. For the short course, turn early…anywhere, no shame!
- Record your time, GPS course, and/or take photos of your “Paddle For Hunger” for bragging rights.
- Post any pictures to Instagram or Facebook tagging @MauiFoodBank @HawaiianPaddleSports and use the hashtag #Paddle4Hunger to get re-shared or post them directly to the Paddle for Hunger 2023 Facebook event page.
- More info: Paddle for Hunger | Money and Food Donations for Maui Food Bank (hawaiianpaddlesports.com) and Paddle for Hunger 2023 | Facebook
- Make sure that a friend or family member knows when and where you are paddling and what time you should return.
- Check ocean conditions. When in doubt, don’t go out.
- Wear a LEASH, bright colored shirt, and hat.
- Wear a PFD (Personal Floatation Device).
- Take a phone or watch with calling ability along on paddles.
You might also like: Calendar of free and cheap things to do every day (hawaiionthecheap.com)