Bringing the community together to learn from Cultural Practitioners, support local artists, vendors, and non-profit organizations, enjoy two days of a Tahitian Dance Competition, enjoy live Hawaiian music, canoe paddling and take part in traditional Hawaiian ceremony. This is a free community with support provided by Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority through the Community Enrichment Program. More info: Gathering of The Voyagers
Gathering of the Voyagers schedule of events
- October 13, 6am-7am Polo Beach. Opening ceremonies.
- October 13, 10am-2pm in the Ballroom. Polynesian craft artisans demonstrations
- October 13, 5pm to 9pm in the Ballroom. ‘Ori Tahiti—Tahitian dance competition
- October 13, 7pm on the Polo Lawn. Star Navigation Talk with Kala Baybayan-Tanaka
- October 14, 7am Polo Lawn. Memorial Paddle-Out for Our Community.
- October 14, 10am in the Ballroom. “We the Indigenous Migrators” with Kahu Lyons Naone, highly respected teacher and orator on Hawaiian culture and traditionsOctober 14, 10am in the Ballroom.
- October 14, 12noon in the Ballroom. The Moʻolelo (stories) of Wailea with Kainoa Horcajo
- October 14, 1:30pm in the Ballroom. PōMahina Designs Fashion Show
- October 14, 2pm to 6pm in the Ballroom. ‘Ori Tahiti—Tahitian dance competition
- October 14, 6pm to 9pm The Royal Fountain Terrace. Kanikapila—A night of Hawaiian Music
- October 13 & 14, 2023 10am to 6pm. MĀKEKE: A marketplace of makers, designers, historians, practitioners, doers and dreamers. Explore a world of handmade products that tell the stories of the people who created them. Browse racks of one-of-a-kind fashions, find unique gifts for everyone on your list, and treat yourself to something unique and wonderful that couldn’t be found anywhere else.
- October 15, 8am Polo Lawn. Voyage Around Molokini. A 10-mile paddle around Molokini. Registration opens at 7am. All canoes will be on the water by 8am. Fee is $50 per paddler. Register for Voyage Around Molokini.
- October 15, 12noon Croquet Lawn. Closing Ceremony
You might also like: Treasured heiau you can visit on every Hawaiian island (hawaiionthecheap.com)
Post expires at 12:19am on Monday October 16th, 2023