Makana nō nā Keiki is a grass roots movement aiming to connect children and families who were impacted by the August 8th Maui wildfires with caring people (elves) who want to help rejuvenate their spirits. The goal is to grant Keiki Christmas wishes to every affected child and to provide families with a day of celebration through personal and meaningful gifts, cultural games, a meal, and a lot of Aloha. The movement includes a variety of local organizations and volunteers to provide a fun, safe and meaningful day of Aloha for Maui keiki.
- Register your Maui keiki. Elves hope to gift all impacted Keiki! Please help by registering your Keiki and their wishes.
- Gift a Maui keiki. Sign up to be an Elf this Christmas and gift an impacted wildfire child with their Holiday Wishes.
- Donate to Makana nō nā Keiki. Can’t decide which child to give a gift to? Donate funds to ensure the event will benefit all Keiki that have registered.
- Volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please feel free to reach out. In particular, they are looking for volunteers and resources for the Family Holiday Event on December 16, 2023.
- More info: Donate to Kids: Help the Children of Lahaina Wildfires (makanakeiki.com)
You might also like: Disaster relief: how and where to donate or volunteer (hawaiionthecheap.com)
Post expires at 10:24am on Sunday December 17th, 2023