E Kanikapila Kākou 2023 celebrates the music, hula and stories of Hawai’i with a focus on Kaua’i. The 8-week series runs February 6 – March 27. All events will be held at the Kauai Beach Resort Jasmine Ballroom on Kauai Beach Drive, located between the Lihue Airport and Wailua Golf Course. Doors open at 5:00 pm—most nights will have an ‘ukulele/hula hour. Main program runs 6:00 pm- 8:30 pm. General admission $20 // Kama’aina $10 // Keiki 12 years and under Free. More info: E Kanikapila Kākou 2023 // 8 Week Concert Series Tickets, Mon, Feb 6, 2023 at 5:00 PM | Eventbrite
E Kanikapila Kākou 2023
- Week 1: February 6th. “Remembering Carlos Andrade” – w/ Pancho Graham & Mauliola Cook.
- Week 2: February 13th. “Project Kuleana Nani Kaua’i “ with Kaua’i Artists.
- Week 3: February 20th. “Community Hula Night with Mālie Foundation” featuring Kumu Hula Hinano Lazaro, Puamohala Kaholokula, Leihi’ilani Kirkpatrick, La’amea Almeida.
- Week 4: February 27th. “Celebrating the Steel Guitar” — The Bobby Ingano Trio. Steel Guitar Talk Story with Kilin Reece, Luthier, Historian, Curator; Founder & President of The Kealakai Center for Pacific Strings.
- Week 5: March 6th. “An Evening with Kiho’alu Slack Key Guitar Artists” — Stephen Inglis; Kamuela Kaho’ano; Dwight Kanae.
- Week 6: March 13th. “Focus on Kaua’i Youth” – Kamaha’o Haumea-Thronas, Pi’ilani Grosse, Cheyla DeFries plus others.
- Week 7: March 20th. “Kūpuna Hula Bash” with Puni Patrick and Chucky Boy Chock & Friends
- Week 8: March 27th. “Mākaha Sons LIVE!”
You might also like: Introduction to Hawaiian music styles and instruments (hawaiionthecheap.com)
Post expires at 12:21am on Tuesday March 28th, 2023
Leave a Reply