Free hands-on art activities for all ages! Make your very own work of art to take home. Admission is free! See public transportation and parking info below. (Looking for Second Saturday? Second Saturdays have ended, and the art activities are now a part of the Super Saturday lineup.) More info: Hawaii State Art Museum | Calendar
- TheBus – many bus routes stop directly in front of or very close to the museum. For routes and schedules, call TheBus at (808) 848-5555 or check online at www.thebus.org.
- The Waikiki Trolley – the Red Line State Capitol/Iolani Palace Stop is a short walk from HiSAM. For more information, call the Waikiki Trolley at (808) 591-2561, or check online at www.waikikitrolley.com.
- Biki Bikeshare – the closest Biki racks are directly in front of the building on South Hotel St. (120 Chinatown/DT – Hotel & Richards), and at the corner of Richards and South Beretania St (121 Chinatown/DT – Beretania & Richards).
- Bicycle Racks – nearby Honolulu City & County bike racks are on South Hotel St. near Alakea St., on Richards St. near South Hotel St., and on the lawn between the Hawai‘i State Capitol building and Iolani Palace.
- There is no parking on site. Parking is available at nearby lots, including across Hotel street in the Ali‘i Place building (enter at 1099 Alakea Street, cash only), across Richards Street at Iolani Palace, the Kalanimoku Building, Kinaʻu Hale/Department of Health, State Capitol basement, Honolulu City Municipal Parking, and metered street parking in the area.
Post expires at 12:52am on Sunday May 22nd, 2022