Celebrate the 60th anniversary of the J. Watumull Planetarium the weekend of December 11-12, 2021. Enjoy family-friendly Planetarium programs, giveaways, special activities, and more. Bishop Museum admission is required. Planetarium shows are free but tickets are required and capacity is limited (hint: go early if you want a ticket!). Planetarium tickets can only be acquired in person at Admissions and the Ho’okipa Desk.
Free J. Watumull Planetarium Programs
Tickets required and are limited capacity; pick up (early in the day) at Admissions or Hoʻokipa Desk. Free Planetarium admission provided by the City and County Grants in Aid program
- 10:00 a.m.—Experience the Aurora
- 11:30 a.m.—Wayfinders
- 1:00 p.m.—Moons: Worlds of Mystery
- 2:30 p.m.—Wayfinders
- 4:00 p.m.—Experience the Aurora
Other Planetarium activities
- Solar Viewing with University of Hawaiʻi Institute for Astronomy
- Talk with real astronomers and safely view the sun through telescopes with solar filters, weather permitting.
- Gallery Lawn
- Walk the Solar System
- Take a self-guided tour of the solar system on the Great Lawn.
- Pocket Solar System
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Make your own scale model of the distances between the objects in our solar system to take home.
You might also like:
Post expires at 12:39am on Monday December 13th, 2021